God Will Help Us

      As usual and like other times to come I decided to post this to my blog. I decided to do these assignment because they spoke to me. Some of these I tried doing a different option, but no other ones felt right to do. I am glad I did this choice. The best thing about this isn’t a certain part, but what I learned. I did my best to change my feelings and thoughts into actual words. However, it could be improved by how it was written. I feel like I might sound like “I know what I’m talking about and it is right!!!” That is not true, it is simply what I feel. Doing these assignments this week was amazing, perfect timing for everything that happened it. ***Remember, what I say is how I perceive it and it is not doctrine!***



1 Corinthians 10:13 - God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able

      God knows our limits, even when we don't. While going through a trial we need to remember that God wouldn't have challenged us if He didn't think we would be able to handle it. However, God is ready to give us whatever help we may need, if we ask for it! We are greater than we know. If we just dig a little deeper and hold on tight, then in the end we will find that it wasn’t that tough after all. Often times I look at a challenge placed before me and think “I won’t be able to do it. If I do make it through, I’ll be all battered and bruised.” By the end, it wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I still had a few “bruises”, but nothing that would completely change my life forever. Try to remember that God knows you can do it, next time you are going through a rough spot.


2 Corinthians 1:3-4 – Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort the which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God

      God comforts us so we can comfort others. When God gives us a challenge there are multiple reasons behind it. One of them is for experience to help others. The more challenges we are able to face, the more chances we have to help others. All of us can go through the same trial, but not at the same time. Which is probably why we are told in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 to comfort others. When I read this scripture the thought of "being alone" during a trial came to mind. We might feel like we are the only ones going through it at the moment, which might be true. However, we are not the only ones in the history of forever! Even if there is no one here on earth that understands and can help us stand, kneel. Kneel and pray, Christ knows every single bit of pain anyone has ever felt.

     2 Corinthians 4:5-17 is an amazing bit of scripture. In these verses it seems that Paul and Timothy know they are in a rough spot but all is not hopeless. “We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.” God commands the light to shine and it can shine in our hearts. If we store a bit of the light every day in our hearts we can have enough for the bad days. Those bad days we may not be able to feel the light but we can be the light. If we are a light in the darkness others that are lost, also those that aren’t, can come to us and we can all support one another. Always do your best to cling to the light which is Christ. Paul and Timothy knew to cling to the Lord so they could be giant lighthouses for everyone and one another. Another important piece to avoid despair is to listen to what God is teaching you during tribulations. “Look on the bright side!”

     When I am going through a rough time it is hard for me to look forward and to see the eternal perspective on things. I start asking myself a bunch of questions; “Where did I go wrong?” “Is this really the right way to go?” “How much longer is this going to be?” “Can I even make it through one more day?” Then I remember scriptures like 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 and D&C 121:7-8. In Corinthians it says to focus on the things which aren’t seen, because those that are seen are only temporal. Temporal things don’t hold much meaning and value in heaven. Focus on the things that are not seen, but what are the things which are not seen? In the footnotes of verse 18 it says “eternal.” So, what things are eternal? What will we gain that will go with us forever? Experience, knowledge, blessings, and so much more. In D&C 121:7-8 is when God is speaking to Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail. Joseph Smith was feeling like God had left him and that everything wasn’t going the way it should have been. Then God says, “My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt you on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.” First thing to remember, pray to God especially when you are feeling down. Second, the hard times don’t last long. I was told once that even if it lasts a life time, earth life, it is still a small fraction of time. Our life on earth is only a speck of dust compared to the time of the Plan. Third, no matter how long or how hard it is, push through, it won’t go un-noticed. Even if no one notices here on earth, that isn’t what matters, it is God that will know and take note. Forth, you will triumph over your foes, if you endure it well.

     I keep reading these verses I’m assigned and didn’t notice certain connections before that should have been obvious. Like Paul and Joseph Smith, in 2 Corinthians 11:24-31 and D&C 127:2. While they were here on earth they both strived to do all they could to do the Lords will. They worked hard. Because of their strength they were both sought after, by good and bad. Both Paul and Joseph were tortured. They were whipped, beaten, and stoned. They fought to the end. They were able to keep going because of their faith in Christ. Because of their faith, they were able to receive Gods grace. What is grace and where can you read about it?

     2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Jacob 4:7 and Ether 12:27 all have something in common. “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” “The Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace…that we have power to do these things.” “My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me...will I make weak things become strong unto them.” It is His grace. What is His grace? In the bible dictionary it says that the main idea of the word is “divine means of help or strength.” Why is His grace so important? Again, in the bible dictionary, it says that no soul can go on without Gods grace. His grace helps us through the hard times, but we still need to give our all. In 2 Nephi 25:23, it talks about grace. “It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.” If you notice that scripture is on page 100, if you are using a set of regular scriptures. “All we can do” means 100%. If we give one hundred percent, then God will help us (his grace). How many times have you gotten through a trial, come out feeling good about the choices you made, and being alright about all that happened without Gods grace? I can’t think of one. That is why we need grace. Without it we would be stuck in the mud, spinning our wheels, and getting nowhere.

     God gave men weaknesses so He can rule over them. God has no weaknesses. Because He has no weaknesses he can hold us up. Paul was worried about his weaknesses until he found out that God will help him. In Mosiah 24:13-15, God helps Alma and his brothers by lightening their burdens. Notice he didn’t take them away, he just made it feel easier to accomplish. Also notice, Alma asked God for help before God offered it. We should all know that if we need his grace, all we need to do is ask Him and He will lighten our load. Whenever my load is lightened I feel like I can think more clearly and that I will make the better choice. God is a great stress reliever.

***Remember, what I say is how I perceive it and it is not doctrine!***

Comments

Popular Posts